The summer just keeps dragging along, but at least that’s getting us closer to season starting.
- Your Wikipedia Hockey page for today: Pride
- If you happen to be interested in the above mentioned TV show, it doesn’t appear that you can stream it on any of the standard services. But you can pay a lot of money for it on Amazon or *cough* it may show up on say… YouTube?
- Some Everblades news that will make you super sad.
- Some Everblades news that will make you very happy.
- What I love most about digging around eBay for jerseys is coming across crazy jerseys from defunct minor league teams. This Knoxville Speed jersey is no exception.
- Let’s just take a second to applaud whomever it is in the Everblades front office that decided to bring some sass to the team’s Twitter.
- I’m still hoping to hear from anyone who is going to the try-outs. I’m sure all of us who won’t be able to make it will be eternally grateful for any first-hand impressions.
- I love these Carolina Hurricanes cufflinks way too much. Trouble is, I don’t wear anything that would require cufflinks (and to be honest, I’m not exactly clear on what they actually do).
- I’m always so in awe of the skill some bakers have. Seriously, how amazing is this cake?
Until next time people (Oh man do I suck at ending these posts).
Well, for once my habit of dragging my feet paid off. Thanks to the Blades newest signing announcement, picking today’s video was a piece of cake.
I’m pretty sure we will all be enjoying Kyle Stroh’s scoring touch.
I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to get excited about this season. Of course, I’d be more excited if they’d bring back a defenceman (or three) I like, but, I guess you can’t have everything.
The week flew by, didn’t it? Before we know it, season will be here.Anyway, here’s a fresh helping of your weekly links!
- If you haven’t read the inspiring story of the Everblades newest forward, Chris Kushneriuk, you really should. It’s going to be thrilling to watch his comeback story night in and night out.
- Your Wikipedia hockey page for today is about a team with one heck of a name: Buffalo Norsemen.
- Jimmy Buffet and the Charlotte Checkers old ECHL logo on one jersey?! If only I had the disposable income…
- I’m not sure what to make of this (because it’s just plain odd), but do you really want to die without saying you’ve seen bears playing hockey?
- If you’ve been reading for any length of time, you know about my obsession with homedecor made out of hockey sticks. That’s why this chair is right up my ally. The usage of goalie sticks is definitely a creative idea.
- Regular readers will also be familiar with my hockey cake obsession. How cool would this one be with an Everblades theme?!
By the way, if any of you are planning on hitting Germain for the Everblades free agent camp August 8-10th please let me know. I’m not going to be able to make any of them (and I’m sure a lot of others won’t be able to as well), and I’d love to publish your thoughts or opinions on the camp and players. Either leave me a comment or use the contact us button to let me know if you’re in.
I don’t know about you, but I need a bit of a pick me up today, and I can’t think a of a better way to do that than with perhaps the greatest moment in Everblades history.
I can’t be the only person who still gets chills.
On another note, I’m hoping to get the forums up and running soon. It’s going to be a bit delayed thanks to my microwave dying in the most spectacular way possible (basically, it was like a Once Upon a Time finale with less eyeliner and perfectly coiffed hair) and my usual boring life stuff, but it will be up soon.
I bet you thought I was lying when I said I was back? Well, here I am, and here’s your (very belated) dose of fresh links:
- Your Wikipedia hockey page for today: Anyang Halla.
- Today is the start of the North American Roller Hockey Championships at Germain. Have I mentioned it’s totally free?
- If that’s not your thing, maybe zombies are? The Ft. Myers Miracle are having a Zombie night that includes specialty jerseys to be auctioned off after the game. Bring your brrraaaiiiiiinnnnns and support another local sports team.
- I will never be happy if I can’t find a way to own this jersey
- After reading this, I have to say, I’m a little said we weren’t able to keep up our tradition of throwing plastic gators on the ice.
- I’m always a little amazed at how cheap you can find vintage hockey stuff on Etsy: case in point.
A quick note: you may have noticed some changes already, but the biggest may be yet to come. What would you lovely little swamp rats think of a forum? A place to dish dirt, trash talk other teams (and their fans), celebrate the good stuff and commiserate with each other on the bad? Yea or nay?
It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Luckily, I’m back in the saddle. I’m going to update some things and maybe add some new stuff, so keep checking back.
Everblades vs. Royals (4/24/13)
The photos from last night’s game against the Royals are now up.
Everblades vs. Jackals 4/15/13
Photos from Monday’s game six win are now up.
I don’t know about you guys, but I feel incredibly proud of Rob Madore while watching these highlights. Some of those saves he made were simply spectacular.
Everblades vs. Solar Bears (3/29/13)
The photos from Fridays Everblades vs. Solar Bears game are now up.