Photos from Monday’s game six win are now up.
Tag Archives: Lazy Re-Cap
Rather than even acknowledge last night’s game, let’s talk about something way more fun.
Way more fun right? One of my favorite Everblades fans on Twitter brought this to my attention. He was hoping we could find a way to get the word out about this awesome event.
For those of you who own a company, maybe you would consider sponsoring a lane? All you have to so is fill out the form I’ve attached here: Everblades Sponsorship Form.
I’ve been struggling with how to recap games since the season started. The reason why I’ve been struggling with how to write them is actually a very simple one.
I just really hate writing a traditional game recap.
Once I was able to accept that things became so much easier. So, my lovely… swamp people (we really need to have a meeting and decide on what we want to call ourselves), I present to you something a little bit different from a traditional recap.
Now, on with the show:
I don’t think any of us expected the Solar Bears to do as well as they did after their recent race to the bottom of the division. I guess we should have expected them to decide to play decent hockey at the least convenient time possible. That is pretty much the way this season’s going.
Worst moment: I’m going to go with the Sisca breakaway goal. You could feel everything deflate right after that. Oh no, wait… it was when the Bears started playing the trap. Yup, that was the worst moment ever.
Time for a fun exercise: 5 Things more exciting than trap hockey
- Watching paint dry or grass grow
- A four hour C-Span marathon
- Kristen Stewart ‘acting’
- doing anything that involves the DMV/Post Office/IRS
Best moment: Hands down, Mark Stuart pissing Nick Petersen off. The look on his face when Petersen dropped his gloves was priceless. O’Byrne dumping a Bear forward (I forget who) in the second was pretty hilarious too.
Worst stupid zebra moment: Hard to pick. Go ahead and go with any of the twenty missed calls on the Bears, Petersen not getting penalized for his attempt at fighting Stuart, the ridiculous bench minor for abusive language (You are quite clearly a blind idiot Ryan Murphy, telling the truth isn’t abuse), or the unsportsmanlike call on Bobby Raymond.
My feelings about the game in Lol Cat form:
The second week of the Blades season wasn’t exactly spectacular. In fact, I vote we pretend that atrocity of a game on Friday never happened. It was totally a 2-1 loss, right guys?
Saturday’s game may have been a bit better. The guys did walk away with a point, but losing still sticks in my craw. The one upside to that game may have been the 12 round shoot-out. Not the longest in Everblades history, but a decent length one to say the least.
Lucky for us, some incredibly obnoxious Bear fan managed to catch it on film. I really do recommend you mute your computer speakers before pressing play.
My video highlights:
- Holy fancy pants arena Orlando! Are all the seats upholstered in Corinthian leather? Are the seats warmed and cooled? If I buy a ticket in the lower rows will Magic players feed me grapes, rub my shoulders, and fan me?!
- Notice how Alex Imbeault felt the need to run over a goalie? In a freaking shoot-out? Too much effort to be a decent human being, eh Alex?
- If you hadn’t muted the video by the two minute mark you now understand why I told you to.
- Maybe both teams should practice shoot-out so I don’t have to sit through a video this long having to listen to someone that stupid.
- I hope Marquardt filed a report with the Orlando PD, because he was robbed!
- Poor Kivistö.
- Fun fact: to get that little ö character in Kivistö you type ALT 0246. The more you know.
- At this point, I think the next time I hear a “booooooo: I’m going to instinctively rage punch the person making it. Just because of this video.
- MacLean should have been given a goal simply because he was Brandon “I score Kelly Cup winning goals like it’s no big deal and then have the best goal celly ever” MacLean.
- That might be too long of nickname…
- Obviously, that Bears shooter cheated. Nagle is too perfect to give that goal up.
- Curry’s pain when Hutchings scored was DELICIOUS.
- WHEN DID ENTS LEARN TO PLAY HOCKEY?!
Don’t forget, South Carolina plays the Blades tomorrow. If you know any cab drivers, warn them!