The photos from Fridays Everblades vs. Solar Bears game are now up.
Tag Archives: Solar Bears
The Everblades take on the Solar Bears tonight at Amway arena in Orlando. What better way to get pumped than watching everyone’s favorite forward score some sweet goals against the Bears?
I hope some of you are planning on making the quick trip up to Orlando to watch the Blades take on the Solar Bears. I’ll be there with my cowbell tonight and tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll hear me in the arena and on the radio.
If you do make the trip, I recommend taking US 17 up it’s a little more interesting and there are a lot less people from Ohio driving 15 under the speed limit in the left lane.
Oh! Remember to keep your ticket if you leave your seat, everyone at Amway is way too serious about an ECHL hockey game. Also, your bag will be checked, and for some reason they feel the need to keep the cap of your water bottle if you buy it from the concession stand.
Also, eat at Hamburger Mary’s. It’s two blocks from the arena and the food is delicious.
I’ve been struggling with how to recap games since the season started. The reason why I’ve been struggling with how to write them is actually a very simple one.
I just really hate writing a traditional game recap.
Once I was able to accept that things became so much easier. So, my lovely… swamp people (we really need to have a meeting and decide on what we want to call ourselves), I present to you something a little bit different from a traditional recap.
Now, on with the show:
I don’t think any of us expected the Solar Bears to do as well as they did after their recent race to the bottom of the division. I guess we should have expected them to decide to play decent hockey at the least convenient time possible. That is pretty much the way this season’s going.
Worst moment: I’m going to go with the Sisca breakaway goal. You could feel everything deflate right after that. Oh no, wait… it was when the Bears started playing the trap. Yup, that was the worst moment ever.
Time for a fun exercise: 5 Things more exciting than trap hockey
- Watching paint dry or grass grow
- A four hour C-Span marathon
- Kristen Stewart ‘acting’
- doing anything that involves the DMV/Post Office/IRS
Best moment: Hands down, Mark Stuart pissing Nick Petersen off. The look on his face when Petersen dropped his gloves was priceless. O’Byrne dumping a Bear forward (I forget who) in the second was pretty hilarious too.
Worst stupid zebra moment: Hard to pick. Go ahead and go with any of the twenty missed calls on the Bears, Petersen not getting penalized for his attempt at fighting Stuart, the ridiculous bench minor for abusive language (You are quite clearly a blind idiot Ryan Murphy, telling the truth isn’t abuse), or the unsportsmanlike call on Bobby Raymond.
My feelings about the game in Lol Cat form:
I vote that we laugh at other teams misfortunes rather than concentrate on the Blades terribly unsuccessful road-trip this past weekend.Really, who doesn’t love a little schadenfreude when they’re feeling a bit blue?
The fact that the Solar Bears (our hated cross-state rivals, I guess) are on the receiving end of this misfortune makes it good. The fact that it involves Gladiators fans getting what they deserve makes it even better. Grab some popcorn kiddies, this is hilarious.
The league couldn’t ignore the video proof I guess, and fined Curry for that little outburst.
In roster news: The Blades signed a new defenceman with quite a bit of AHL experience.
In other news: I’m happy to announce that I’ve finally made it possible to purchase photos. I feel horrible that it took me this long to get this up and running, but anyone who has been reading this blog knows I’m the worst procrastinator of all time.
All you need to do is click here. The photos are organized to make locating what you want as painless as possible.
I swear I didn’t almost forget about your weekly dose of Everblades video goodness. This week, I have a video (with mismatched audio) of Beau Schmitz taking on current ECHL scoring leader Nick Petersen.
The second week of the Blades season wasn’t exactly spectacular. In fact, I vote we pretend that atrocity of a game on Friday never happened. It was totally a 2-1 loss, right guys?
Saturday’s game may have been a bit better. The guys did walk away with a point, but losing still sticks in my craw. The one upside to that game may have been the 12 round shoot-out. Not the longest in Everblades history, but a decent length one to say the least.
Lucky for us, some incredibly obnoxious Bear fan managed to catch it on film. I really do recommend you mute your computer speakers before pressing play.
My video highlights:
- Holy fancy pants arena Orlando! Are all the seats upholstered in Corinthian leather? Are the seats warmed and cooled? If I buy a ticket in the lower rows will Magic players feed me grapes, rub my shoulders, and fan me?!
- Notice how Alex Imbeault felt the need to run over a goalie? In a freaking shoot-out? Too much effort to be a decent human being, eh Alex?
- If you hadn’t muted the video by the two minute mark you now understand why I told you to.
- Maybe both teams should practice shoot-out so I don’t have to sit through a video this long having to listen to someone that stupid.
- I hope Marquardt filed a report with the Orlando PD, because he was robbed!
- Poor Kivistö.
- Fun fact: to get that little ö character in Kivistö you type ALT 0246. The more you know.
- At this point, I think the next time I hear a “booooooo: I’m going to instinctively rage punch the person making it. Just because of this video.
- MacLean should have been given a goal simply because he was Brandon “I score Kelly Cup winning goals like it’s no big deal and then have the best goal celly ever” MacLean.
- That might be too long of nickname…
- Obviously, that Bears shooter cheated. Nagle is too perfect to give that goal up.
- Curry’s pain when Hutchings scored was DELICIOUS.
- WHEN DID ENTS LEARN TO PLAY HOCKEY?!
Don’t forget, South Carolina plays the Blades tomorrow. If you know any cab drivers, warn them!
I think it’s safe to say that opening weekend was a pretty good one for the Everblades. Two wins and a celebrating their Kelly Cup victory by raising their brand new championship banner to the rafters? Excellent.