I don’t know about you guys, but I feel incredibly proud of Rob Madore while watching these highlights. Some of those saves he made were simply spectacular.
Tag Archives: YouTube
The Everblades take on the Solar Bears tonight at Amway arena in Orlando. What better way to get pumped than watching everyone’s favorite forward score some sweet goals against the Bears?
I hope some of you are planning on making the quick trip up to Orlando to watch the Blades take on the Solar Bears. I’ll be there with my cowbell tonight and tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll hear me in the arena and on the radio.
If you do make the trip, I recommend taking US 17 up it’s a little more interesting and there are a lot less people from Ohio driving 15 under the speed limit in the left lane.
Oh! Remember to keep your ticket if you leave your seat, everyone at Amway is way too serious about an ECHL hockey game. Also, your bag will be checked, and for some reason they feel the need to keep the cap of your water bottle if you buy it from the concession stand.
Also, eat at Hamburger Mary’s. It’s two blocks from the arena and the food is delicious.
So I’m pretty much the worst blogger ever. It was a terrible result of my tendency towards laziness combining with my normal January Everblades funk and the NHL starting up (all the players I like leaving the team for the AHL has not helped either).
The good news is that I feel quite re-energized about the whole blogging thing. Now, I’m not saying this new energy is because of something silly, but it might be because I remembered the Everblades would be wearing their navy jerseys at home (and oh god do I love our navy jerseys). Either way. I’m back on the wagon for real now. I’ll be updating the roster (which is just a little behind) and doing some general tweaking and maintenance to get everything back in order.
I’m incredibly disappointed that I had to miss the Teddybear Toss this year. It’s always been my favorite activity. Luckily, several people were kind enough to post videos of the downpour of fluff for everyone:
On a different note: sorry for the unplanned blogging hiatus. It was a frankenstorm created by laziness colliding with holiday stuff, family obligations, and friends getting me hooked on the crack that is Pinterest. I have managed to get the roster and the blog’s photo store whipped into shape though, so maybe that will make it up to you?
What better way is there to spend YouTube Tuesday than remembering Friday night’s amazing game and Alex Hutchings’ hat-trick?
I vote that we laugh at other teams misfortunes rather than concentrate on the Blades terribly unsuccessful road-trip this past weekend.Really, who doesn’t love a little schadenfreude when they’re feeling a bit blue?
The fact that the Solar Bears (our hated cross-state rivals, I guess) are on the receiving end of this misfortune makes it good. The fact that it involves Gladiators fans getting what they deserve makes it even better. Grab some popcorn kiddies, this is hilarious.
The league couldn’t ignore the video proof I guess, and fined Curry for that little outburst.
In roster news: The Blades signed a new defenceman with quite a bit of AHL experience.
In other news: I’m happy to announce that I’ve finally made it possible to purchase photos. I feel horrible that it took me this long to get this up and running, but anyone who has been reading this blog knows I’m the worst procrastinator of all time.
All you need to do is click here. The photos are organized to make locating what you want as painless as possible.
I swear I didn’t almost forget about your weekly dose of Everblades video goodness. This week, I have a video (with mismatched audio) of Beau Schmitz taking on current ECHL scoring leader Nick Petersen.
The second week of the Blades season wasn’t exactly spectacular. In fact, I vote we pretend that atrocity of a game on Friday never happened. It was totally a 2-1 loss, right guys?
Saturday’s game may have been a bit better. The guys did walk away with a point, but losing still sticks in my craw. The one upside to that game may have been the 12 round shoot-out. Not the longest in Everblades history, but a decent length one to say the least.
Lucky for us, some incredibly obnoxious Bear fan managed to catch it on film. I really do recommend you mute your computer speakers before pressing play.
My video highlights:
- Holy fancy pants arena Orlando! Are all the seats upholstered in Corinthian leather? Are the seats warmed and cooled? If I buy a ticket in the lower rows will Magic players feed me grapes, rub my shoulders, and fan me?!
- Notice how Alex Imbeault felt the need to run over a goalie? In a freaking shoot-out? Too much effort to be a decent human being, eh Alex?
- If you hadn’t muted the video by the two minute mark you now understand why I told you to.
- Maybe both teams should practice shoot-out so I don’t have to sit through a video this long having to listen to someone that stupid.
- I hope Marquardt filed a report with the Orlando PD, because he was robbed!
- Poor Kivistö.
- Fun fact: to get that little ö character in Kivistö you type ALT 0246. The more you know.
- At this point, I think the next time I hear a “booooooo: I’m going to instinctively rage punch the person making it. Just because of this video.
- MacLean should have been given a goal simply because he was Brandon “I score Kelly Cup winning goals like it’s no big deal and then have the best goal celly ever” MacLean.
- That might be too long of nickname…
- Obviously, that Bears shooter cheated. Nagle is too perfect to give that goal up.
- Curry’s pain when Hutchings scored was DELICIOUS.
- WHEN DID ENTS LEARN TO PLAY HOCKEY?!
Don’t forget, South Carolina plays the Blades tomorrow. If you know any cab drivers, warn them!
I think it’s safe to say that opening weekend was a pretty good one for the Everblades. Two wins and a celebrating their Kelly Cup victory by raising their brand new championship banner to the rafters? Excellent.
We’re days away from opening night. Not months or weeks, days!
If you missed it, the Blades received five players from Charlotte yesterday. There should also be a few more players from Syracuse and Brayden Irwin is expected to return from St. John. Friday can’t come soon enough.